Wednesday, August 26, 2009

12 Rounds, with John Cena.

This movie was pretty excellent. I was told it was an 80s action movie, with all the cornball one-liners, the ridiculous action, and unbelievable plot. I was told right. But it strangely balanced the cheesiness and the fun. John Cena makes an excellent action star. He is physical, but also a complete ham. You never once dislike him, but his brand of do-good action is actually interesting. He's like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Kindergarten Cop, both a muscleman and a cornball. But I think he has potential as an actor to do that sort of role for the next twenty years. Yes, I would watch him do that. Yes, I would enjoy it. This movie has my seal of approval. A totally watchable and entertaining stupid action movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment